Pomposa Abbey, located in the heart of Po Delta Park, dates back to VI-VII century. The monastery received illustrious characters of the time, including Guido from Arezzo, the monk inventor of modern musical writing based on the seven notes.
Inside the Church of Saint Mary, next to the stunning 48 meters high bell tower, you can admire Giotto – inspired frescos and the beautiful mosaic floor. On the opposite side there are the Cloister, the Palace of Reason, the Refectory, the Chapter and the Pomposa Museum.
If you want to learn more about this masterpiece of Roman art, take part in one of the guided tours at Pomposa Abbey May 2018.
SCHEDULE OF GUIDED TOURS AT POMPOSA ABBEY MAY 2018
- Tuesday 1st May 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- Sunday 6th May 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- Sunday 13rd May 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- Saturday 19th May 2018 at 7.30 p.m.
- Sunday 20th May 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- Sunday 27th May 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
Duration of the guided tour: about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
GUIDED TOURS AT POMPOSA ABBEY MAY 2018 RATES
Guided tours at Pomposa Abbey rates are (entrance fee not included):
- 5 euros adult
- 3 euros from 6 to 18 years old
- Free from 0 to 5 years old
The entrance fee at Pomposa Abbey are:
- Full: 5 euros on week days, 3 euros on Sundays and religious holiday
- Reduced-rate tickets for over 18 and under 25 (for the residents in the European Union only): 2,50 euro on week days, 1,50 euros on Sundays and religious holiday
- Free entance for under 18
On Sunday 6th May the Pomposa Abbey is free of charge for everyone (thanks to the “Sunday at the Museum”), so you pay only the guided tour.
On Saturday 19th May from 7.30 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. the entrance fee at Pomposa Abbey is 1 euro for everyone (thanks to the “Museum Day”).
INFORMATION AND RESERVATIONS GUIDED TOURS AT POMPOSA ABBEY MAY 2018
Palazzina IAT – Tourist Information Office – Tel: +39 0533 719110 – E-mail: email@example.com
Opening times: everyday from 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and from 3.00 p.m. to 6.30 p.m..