Pomposa Abbey, located in the heart of Po Delta Park, dates back to VI-VII century. The monastery received illustrious characters of the time, including Guido from Arezzo, the monk inventor of modern musical writing based on the seven notes.
Inside the Church of Saint Mary, next to the stunning 48 meters high bell tower, you can admire Giotto – inspired frescos and the beautiful mosaic floor. On the opposite side there are the Cloister, the Palace of Reason, the Refectory, the Chapter and the Pomposa Museum.
If you want to learn more about this masterpiece of Roman art, take part in one of the guided tours at Pomposa Abbey September 2018.
SCHEDULE OF GUIDED TOURS AT POMPOSA ABBEY SEPTEMBER 2018
- Saturday 1st September 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- Sunday 2nd September 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- Saturday 8th September 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- Sunday 9th September 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- Saturday 15th September 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- Sunday 16th September 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- Saturday 22nd September 2018 at 11.40 a.m., 4.00 p.m. and 7.30 p.m. (European Heritage Days)
- Sunday 23rd September 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- Saturday 29th September 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
- Sunday 30th September 2018 at 11.40 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
Duration of the guided tour: about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
GUIDED TOURS AT POMPOSA ABBEY SEPTEMBER 2018 RATES
Guided tours at Pomposa Abbey rates are (entrance fee not included):
- 5 euros adult
- 3 euros from 6 to 18 years old
- Free from 0 to 5 years old
The entrance fees at Pomposa Abbey are:
- Full: 5 euros on week days, 3 euros on Sundays and religious holiday
- Reduced-rate tickets for over 18 and under 25 (for the residents in the European Union only): 2,50 euro on week days, 1,50 euros on Sundays and religious holiday
- Free entance for under 18
On Sunday 2nd September the Pomposa Abbey is free of charge for everyone (thanks to the “Sunday at the Museum”), so you pay only the guided tour.
On Saturday 22nd September from 7.30 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. the entrance fee at Pomposa Abbey is 1 euro thanks to the “European Heritage Days”.
INFORMATION AND RESERVATIONS GUIDED TOURS AT POMPOSA ABBEY SEPTEMBER 2018
Tourist Information Office (Palazzo della Ragione) – Tel: +39 0533 719110 – E-mail: email@example.com
Opening times: from Tuesday to Sunday from 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and from 3.00 p.m. to 6.45 p.m. Closed on Mondays.
OPENING OF THE BELL TOWER OF THE POMPOSA ABBEY SEPTEMBER 2018
Opening of the Bell Tower of the Pomposa Abbey september 2018: on Saturdays and Sundays in September 2018 it will be possible to climb the Bell Tower of the Pomposa Abbey thanks to “Primavera Pomposiana”, an activity organized by APE – Associazione Pomposa Eventi.
The Bell Tower of Pomposa will be open on Saturdays and Sundays from 10.00 a.m. to 12.45 p.m. and from 3.30 p.m. to 6.15 p.m. and on 22nd September from 9.00p.m. to 10.30 p.m..
The Bell Tower of Pomposa Abbey, built in 1063, is 48 meters high . It has 9 floors inside. You need to climb 201 steps to reach the top.
For further information: APE – Associazione Pomposa Eventi – firstname.lastname@example.org