Pomposa Abbey, located in the heart of Po Delta Park, dates back to VI-VII century. The monastery received illustrious characters of the time, including Guido from Arezzo, the monk inventor of modern musical writing based on the seven notes.
Inside the Church of Saint Mary, next to the stunning 48 meters high bell tower, you can admire Giotto – inspired frescos and the beautiful mosaic floor. On the opposite side there are the Cloister, the Palace of Reason, the Refectory, the Chapter and the Pomposa Museum.
If you want to learn more about this masterpiece of Roman art, take part in one of the guided tours at Pomposa Abbey January 2019.
SCHEDULE OF GUIDED TOURS AT POMPOSA ABBEY JANUARY 2019
- Wednesday 2nd January 2019 at 11.40 a.m.
- Thursday 3rd January 2019 at 11.40 a.m.
- Friday 4th January 2019 at 11.40 a.m.
- Saturday 5th January 2019 at 11.40 a.m.
- Sunday 6th January 2019 at 11.40 a.m.
- Saturday 12nd January 2019 at 11.40 a.m.
- Sunday 13rd January 2019 at 11.40 a.m.
- Saturday 19th Janaury 2019 at 11.40 a.m.
- Sunday 2oth January 2019 at 11.40 a.m.
- Saturday 26th January 2019 at 11.40 a.m.
- Sunday 27th January 2019 at 11.40 a.m.
Duration of the guided tour: about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
GUIDED TOURS AT POMPOSA ABBEY JANUARY 2019 RATES
Guided tours at Pomposa Abbey rates are (entrance fee not included):
- 5 euros adult
- 3 euros from 6 to 18 years old
- Free from 0 to 5 years old
The entrance fee at Pomposa Abbey are:
- Full: 5 euros on week days, 3 euros on Sundays
- Reduced-rate tickets for over 18 and under 25 (for the residents in the European Union only): 2,50 euro on week days, 1,50 euros on Sundays
- Free entance for under 18
On Sunday 6th Janaury the Pomposa Abbey is free of charge for everyone (thanks to the “Sunday at the Museum”), so you pay only the guided tour.
INFORMATION AND RESERVATIONS GUIDED TOURS AT POMPOSA ABBEY JANUARY 2019
Tourist Information Office (Palazzo della Ragione) – Tel: +39 0533 719110 – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening times of the tourist information office: from Tuesday to Sunday from 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. (closed on Mondays).