In the Delta del Po territory, UNESCO Heritage from 1999, it is located a stunning town: Goro the jewel of Delta, well-know for its spectacular and unique landscape. It is a beautiful land also for Birdwatching with its remarkable sighting paths close to old lighthouse Lanterna Vecchia, Valli di Gorino and isola dell’Amore. Indeed, it is possible to admire more than 50 birds’ species, such as pink flamingos.
Characterized by the active fishing port, where fishing and mussel farming are the main activities, Goro is well-know for clam, along with sea bream, sea bass, mussels, crustaceans and the sublime gold oyster. A genuine local cuisine, based on simple recipes passing down over time, may satisfy the most refined tastes of the most demanding palates.
Views of the coast are enchanting, to be admired with boat excursions, which depart from Goro and Gorino, with astonishing routes between unspoiled nature and the scent of the sea.
Goro is well-know also for its cycle routes, suitable for everyone: from families with children to groups and experts. The most requested itinerary is Goro-Mesola-Pomposa, a ring that connects three main towns in this area, combining art, culture and nature in a single path. Another suggestive itinerary is Destra Po, which flanks Po’s riverbank, which divides Emilia-Romagna and Veneto.
Another route is Goro-Volano, starting from the port in Goro, you may pass through beautiful spots: Bosco della Mesola and Sacca di Goro.
FISH FESTIVAL OF GORINO 2018 – THE MENU
Appetizers – Fish Festival of Gorino 2018
- Mussels and clams in tomato sauce
- Seafood salade (steamed fish mix)
- Marinated sardines
First dishes – Fish Festival of Gorino 2018
- Spaghetti with clams
- Spaghetti with seafood sauce
- Gnocchetti with shrimps and zucchini
- Macaroni with seafood sauce
Main courses – Fish Festival of Gorino 2018
- Mixture of fried fish (eel, soles, small squids, shrimps)
- Fried small squids
- Stew (striped prawns and mantis shrimps)
- Stewed cod with polenta
- Mixed salad
- Beans and onion
- English zoup
- Tenerina (typical chocolate cake)
- Rose wine
- White wine
- Natural and sparkling water
- Canned drinks
FISH FESTIVAL OF GORINO 2018 – ORCHESTRAS
Every evening will be enlivened by the music of renowned orchestras.
- Saturday 26th May 2018: Il Mulino del Po
- Sunday 27th May 2018: Rita dal Mare
- Friday 1st June 2018: 60 Lire
- Saturday 2nd June 2018: Elvis e le Chiare
- Sunday 3rd June 2018: Musicallegra
- Saturday 9th June 2018: Caiman
- Sunday 10th June 2018: Ivan e Chiara – Dj Cristiano
For information: +39 349 2696790 or +39 339 7495570